Virus

Luckily the computer caught the virus instead of me. And it was all may own fault. Considering the number of questionable sites I visit, you would think that I would have viruses more often. This is my first virus and maybe in my haste to get Doom 3 to work I didn't notice the evil file I was downloading. As soon as you extract the file the virus (it was actually a Trojan, but it had the ability to create more copies of it self etc... it was quite nasty) the virus loads it self on the computer, then downloads more shit from the internet called Win Anti Virus 2007. It was very well done and looked legitimate, but when stuff starts to download it self you know somethings wrong. Or when you cant get to your anti virus program as it puts its window 'always on-top'. So to get rid of this nasty virus I had to download about 8 different scanning programs and 3 file analysis programs and run them in various numerous times to get rid of this virus. It took 3 days. Which is better than my recovery time. But I still don't feel safe, I will be doing a clean install. But weirdly the package that contained the virus actually had working keys for Doom 3. So in a way its still good. But I think in future I will stick to more well known sites... Oh and run Anti-virus when downloading packages. And run the program on a virtual machine...

2 comments:

Karlos said...

just get a mac instead

Bean Counting said...

But could I play Doom 3 on a mac?