Purging

The great purge of 2007 has begun. We have a garage sale this weekend and so the whole house is getting a big clear out. When you go through your old stuff you get a bit nostalgic. But I have stuck trying very hard to stick to my goal of getting rid of the junk I don't use. Stuff that you haven't used or unable to fix your self is the easy part. The hard part is getting rid of slightly more personal artifacts/items as they may hold some nostalgic value but that is all. I also tend to keep all of my old study materials/notes. Even though I have never gone back to them and probably never will I had kept them. eg tafe stuff which I did not know existed. This obviously means I have had no use for it since actually studying and have not had since then. Often it can be easier to just store the information in your brain or on the computer. So, I have ended up throwing away about 4 boxes so far, with one box full of stuff that I still need to sort through, as they are notes which haven't been filed properly. Uni stuff is a little different, as I am going to be referring to them through my CPA course to refresh my memory for 'assumed knowledge'. So all of that is staying, I also use my tax and company law notes for work, so they actually get used. All that is left is economics and management stuff. Economics I'm keeping for when I do my economics degree/postgrad thingy. But the management stuff is pretty useless to me so, I think I will keep my text books and revision notes, but not all the other junk.

I'm also not sure what to do with photocopied books/notes as some of those articles are actually quite interesting and I paid 10 cents a page...

I should also probably get rid of some of my crappy toys like pogs/matchbox cars/Pokemon which I have no interest in collecting anymore.

My plan if it doesn't all sell, is to donate/throw it away. And maybe with books I could sell it on eBay and get money from overcharging for postage. But my Mum wants to have a garage sale untill its all sold.

No comments: