Soup for one

  by beancounting
, a photo by beancounting on Flickr.

I have the flu, so I drink soup, only packet soup is crap. So i made my own.

Its a simple recipe I made up using common sense.

Ingredients
1 carrot
2 small potato
1 chilli
half celery stick
sweet corn (left overs)
shallots (left overs)
half onion
garlic
Stock pot - the new ones :-p

Directions
1. Dice
2. Saute onion, garlic and chilli
3. Water (1 kettle (1.5L))
4. Ingredients
5. Stock pot
6. ???????
7. Profit

Things I would do differently
No chilli, the chilli floats to the top and is dangerous, use paprika instead
More potato, the potato goes MIA but that could be the type of potato
More celery just use the whole stick
Don't get the stock pot, just get oxo cubes or similar like I was supposed to.
Some fresh herbs would not go astray.

It tastes nice, clean, clear and simple no unnecessary sugars, should keep until I recover.

Cost
All ingrediants except the celery ($1.50) and stock pots ($3.50) were already in the fridge so basically free.

No comments: