The one thing I don’t want to do is evaluate the year gone by. I have a feeling it would be just plain depressing, so instead I’m going to set myself some goals for the holidays and will be considered a test run for my New Year resolution(s).
I was going to write a list of profound/inspirational goals that could be found in the great big book of inspiring goals, but what I would most like to do is catch up on things I have been putting off during the year that really needed doing, and if I had done them sooner I would not be wallowing in my own self-pity. I have 17 days and at the end of each of those days I want to be able to take a picture of something I have made.
- I hate being disorganised; I also hate spending copious amounts of time organising. Obviously parts of the system are not working other wise I would not be disorganised. This will be fixed and will not only improve my state of mind; I should get some professional benefit out of it.
- I need a bookshelf. I have some wood, I will turn this wood into a bookshelf (or drive to Ikea and pretend I made it myself)
- Coal fired BBQ. Fuck global warming. I want my meat cooked on fuel that requires more than a turning a button to ignite.
- Read a book, I have numerous books that I have bought or borrowed but never got around to reading them, same goes for those magazine articles I tagged (not playboy).
- There are number of new developments in the world of accounting, generally there is only a change in the wording, but you still got to read it to make sure there is nothing fundamental (and pickup the new words to put in your documentation), should probably blog about it. But there is always the fear your are wrong on the Internet and someday, someone, somewhere will use it against you.
- Trebunchent – The wood that could be used to make a bookshelf could also be turned into a siege weapon
- Make/get a frame for my flaming lips lithograph
- HTPC/Server – Watching a movie on the TV is significantly better than watching at my desk
- VM’s for everything. Also need to delete the old ones taking up a crap load of space
- Complete the organisation of my tax notes, cheat sheets, flow charts & guides
- Make a sunjar, these look much cooler than the crappy plastic light sticks you put in the ground
- Learn to play the keyboard – I have a keyboard that is collecting dust, time to turn that dust into magical space dust. Find out what that strange instrument in the garage is and make it do musics.
- Build a new website – less magic, more collate. Hopefully blogger can still help, if not going to switch to wordpress because it has pages
- New food stuffs, pizza, pie, quiche, potato bake, jelly,
- Have fun, regain some confidence, fuck shit up (lolz couldn’t resist).