Whilst doing the clean up, I found some more old records, these were all exclusicly 12" and were in much better condition then the crap I have been listening to. However they were all in Hindi, which means its going to be a very interesting couple of weeks.

Also bought a Thelonious Monk Record (its a double). Fianaly got the change to listen to it the whole way through today, each side is about 20 mins so x 4 thats 80mins... But it was pretty good. Not as much swing as Bassie or Duke, but still awesome, I think there is probably less instruments, as in its not a big band (obviously), so each instrument gets a turn, if that makes sense. It has piano so I'm happy.

2 comments:

Abhishek Upadhyay said...

Hi,
Hindi songs are really very good. Specially the songs from old bollywood movies. Do you listen punjabi songs.

Bean Counting said...

Well these are old records so they are all from old movies. I listen to a bit of punjabi as its bit hard to miss out on that, as most of the good bhangra is in punjabi. I actually dont understand either of those languages outside of India (some weird phenomenon when I return to India I can understand stuff).

I like the Gujrati music (understanding the lyrics is somewhat important), but thats only available in some old movies. I dont even think they make Guji music anymore :(