Bus 2000

Today I got to ride on the new bus that Connex has bought. Not the "School Bus" I've already sat on that. That's the one with the unique 'three seater" for school kids... If you ask me its just making everyone else having to put up with uncomfortable seats. You have to put the seat belts otherwise the buckle digs into your back...

Anyway, this new bus is extra special. Not only do you hit your head when getting up, and this is me, hitting my head, and I'm short. Not midget short, but shorter than "average"... Its very bright and they have decided to colour it a baby blue, which will hurt your eyes.

But the big feature. The WOW! Factor comes from the voice over. That's right this bus has voice over. Just like on the train. Only more annoying. Examples:

"Doors opening. Stand clear please" - My english isn't that good, but for some reason this sentence sounds wrong...

"Doors closing. Stand clear please"

or the my favorite

"Next stop requested"

that's right "Next stop requested"... Not a simple bell or tone when you press the stop button, but a "Next stop requested" - WHY?

Also when we were on old Cleveland road near Chandler it said "System Failure".... WTF? I am not joking. This was very scary. I know everyone laughed when this happened, but I'm sure if there was any other signs of physical danger (as in the bus stopped what it was currently doing) there may of been a different response.

By the end of the trip I half expected the bus to transform and rescue a cat, have a philosophical epiphany while fending off the Decepticons....

No comments: