Just had two mid semester exams.

Boy was that fun. Spent the last few days cramming. And then spent about 2 hours before the exam staring at a clock waiting for the exam because I just couldn't be bothered to study anymore.

For company law we had a case study which we had to examine (we were given this a week before hand) and no case study is ever complete. There are always bits that they miss out. And so you can make millions of different combinations of assumptions. Which was probably my mistake. As I may have gona a little over board on the assumptions (that I studied) and the exam was only an hour long. So kinda just wanted the main bits rather then all the possibilities. But even that assumed too much. And most of the questions were vague. Which isn't very helpful in a multiple choice exam.

So when I was in the exam I didn't know what to think because I couldn't decide on what assumption I would go with (that's kinda a continuous problem I have, but its an exam, I don't really have the time). So it was very bad in that sense. Also I decided to have a coffee to help me keep awake, which in hind sight was also a bad idea, because I was jitter all throughout the exam. Which isn't helpful when you want to concentrate on one thing. As you are more alert to other things. Like people dropping pens or the stupid flashing light on the wireless router thingy they mounted on the wall. Why cant they put them in a box. With the flashing light out of the way, not distracting me. So distracting its unbelievable. Its kinda like my mobile. It has a flashing light on it. Which is why I never leave it in my room at night as its like being at the freaking airport. Just wish it would crash already....

I also had an exam for Taxation of business entities which was also open book, which is good and bad. But you tend to waste time in looking crap up that you already know, but want to check just in case. Then you don't have enough time to write down your answers properly. Making it impossible to mark because they cant read your hand writing. Well maybe its just my hand writing. As I write faster, it basically just becomes a squiggle on the page. It looks kinda scary, like a mad man locked in a mental hospital writing a suicide note for his hope...

Its gona be a really busy week, have a rough draft which I have to hand in for an assignment, a rough draft for a presentation (its stupid I know) and I have a 5% mini tutorial assignment. and another 2% tutorial homework, Which might not be collected because she collected last week. and already has three pieces...

No comments: