New questions

Spent most of the day applying for a job at EY. Its supposed to take about 45 minuites, but there were a few questions I wasnt really prepared for. But I think just by appling I think I have gained some experiance. Especialy when it comes time to actually apply for the real graduate jobs. Hopefully I will get an interview, which would be nice. Even if it just for the experiance. But, I'm still gona give it a good go. Been looking up questions they ask during interviews etc. As long as I get my basic story right, I should be ok. Then if I get through that, there is an assement day. Which means more exams. But this time the quest is a job (and eventually a career). Hopefully nothing too hard. Apparently they like to do reconciliations.... I havent done a reconciliation in about 5 years so I think that will be a learning experiance.... And then if you pass the assement then you get an interview with the partners of the division. Then you get the job.

Hooray.

I am definatly going to have to do a lot more thinking, if I want one of these jobs. The questions are like. Why should we hire you? What is your value proposition??? Why do you want to work here? Why do you think you will fit in? What are some of your achivements outside uni?

Some of these questions are just a little heavy for my liking. Also how can you make an assement on how you will fit in the company buy just reading promotional material on their website.... Theres somethings I just wont get.

No comments: