Music genres

Today I was updating my blogger profile, so that now it includes music that I like. So i opened up winamp and recorded the genres of all the music that I listen to. Most of the stuff I like is:

Alternative
General Alternative
Ambient
Misc
Miscellnaeous
Other

What this means is that all of my music has no genre or catagory, yet each artist sounds completely different and deserve a catagory. It could also mean that the music I listen to is so crap that its uncatorgorisable and no one gives a shit about that music to even create a catagory. Or it could mean that its just so wide spread only lonners like my self will ever listen to such nonsense and think its cool. However, the theory that is most likely to be correct is the one where the ppl ripping the music have not been bothered to properly catagorise the music and hense their genre has not been flaged.

No comments: