No Money for a week

After a debate with my work colleagues about how I spend too much money on lunch, I decided to create a little experiment/challenge for myself. I will not spend any money from my bank account for one week. Basically I cannot access my bank account for one week.

I lasted to Thursday, when I needed to buy more beer, being lazy I just bought a carton, instead of maximizing what cash I had left and just buy a 6 pack or similar. I failed.

But I think given another go I could actually do it. It has also come to my attention I have a lot of automatic transfer from my account, mostly to other high interest savings accounts. I am going to try and not be lazy with my money and try and save more frequently. The change experiment should have highlighted that, but I never really went through with it at the completion of the experiment.

No comments: