Alarm Clock

We had a power failure about a week ago and consequently my alarm clock needed to be set to the correct time. The clock it self does have a 9v battery as a backup, but never seems to provide any sort of backup to the clock in the event of such a power failure. The power failure we are talking about is about 1-2 minutes. The time it takes me to reset the safety switch after overloading the circuit with my dodgy electrical work.

Since that time, my clock has been flashing away at the incorrect time, however I have still managed to get up on time and since I have a wrist watch, its not my primary time keeper. The proposed idea is if I can go without my alarm clock.

The Bad
  • Get up late
  • Late for work
  • not knowing what time it is in the middle of the night
  • no morning music/news
The Good
  • Personal responsibility to get up/have enough rest
  • training my self to getup at a certain time
  • freedom from the constraint of arbitrary time measurement
  • less light interference
  • less electromagnetic interference
  • less electricity expense
  • less clutter on my desk
I am going to unplug my alarm clock tonight and will hopefuly have something positive to report back on this experience.

No comments: