Lunch Experiment

I have discussed in the past my love afair with lunch. Today in the spirit of the change experiment we embark on a bold new wave of absurd spreadsheets to minutely anaylise the best way to have lunch. Some questions that I would like answered (If you have any questions send them in).

  • Will I save money if I pack my Lunch
  • What are the time savings of eating out
  • Will I feel like a dork if I make my lunch at work
  • Nutritional/value for money
  • Health benefits
  • Best way to pack lunch
  • Am I able to eat something other than sandwiches for lunch
For the past two weeks I have been lazy and ended up going to subway, which can get quite expensive when you add on the ice tea which retails for $3.50+. Unless you get the cheapy $7 subs probably not worth it as the ingredients arent all they are crackup to be. Before I go on a rant about subway I will explain the rest of the experiment.

I have in the past pack my lunch either in the morning or the night before and taken it to work. This has resulted in soggy bread which is unacceptable to a sandwich conosiuer such as my self. You can seperate the tomato and wrap the bread loosely, but none of these solutions come close to a freshly made sandwich.

Occasionaly I go home for lunch, but since this takes up 30 mins out of my lunch break in driving its becoming increasingly obvious that its too expensive in time and money (petrol) to continue.

So I am now going to bring the ingredients into work and make it at the time of eating. I hypothosise it will cost more initialy because of the cheese and margarine.

Today I got some ingredients at a cost of $20.48, which is a bit on the high side for a sandwich, however the only thing I will need tomorrow is a roll ($0.45) and margarine ($5+). I will average it out over the next few weeks, it also included cake.

The Spreadsheet

No comments: