Two Monitors

I have gotten to the point where I think I need 2 monitors. Tabbing has its limits. I know I can use some kind of multi desktop widget. But thats just the same as tabbing. You want to be able to see 2 different things. Atleast work on 2 different things. Say you are playing a game, but also want to burn some CD's or get some actual work done. You can do both without tabbing. Just to have email, IM and various other reference type material on one screen whilst you do your main work on the other. Even a small screen with some info on it would be advantageous.

The remaining question is of monitor size. Its ideal to have 2 exactly the same. But to save funds could have 2 different sized monitors. I have an idea to turn my current monitor on its side to get more 'lines' as I don't need the width for reading. Text is ideally not too wide, so having it verticaly mounted would be awesome. It would look weird. But awesome.

Maybe I just need a bigger monitor, then just resize windows accordingly.

No comments: