Exam

I'm back from my exam. Obviously I went ahead and just did the exam instead of piking out and deffering.

Wow, just wow. When you know you have a deadline you become very efficient. But I still didn't think I had a chance. But After my a week of study and after doing the exam I might just have a chance of passing. The main reason for this is MCQ. Most people find MCQ easy. Mainly because you automatically have a 50% chance of at least passing. Without even completing reading the options you can cross out 2 of the options. My average on MCQ is about 80%. Which has something to do with the way I learn and the inherant nature of MCQ's, and the secondary problem solving nature of MCQ's.

Ofcourse this isn't your average exam. Firstly you need 65% to pass which is the equivalent to a credit (5) at uni. Secondly the MCQ's often had sub lists.

Which options are correct:
1. something
2. what
3. I like cheese
4. it

A. 1+2+3
B 2 only
C 1+3+4
D 3 only

So it can get a little complicated, but since you can eliminate 3 as it makes no sense what so ever the answer is B.

I have learned a lot not just on Professional Practice and Reporting, but on how I learn. It had been two years since I have taken an exam, so it has been a struggle to get back into studying, hence my predicament of if I will pass and preparing for exams and the best way to present my work. I have come across a lot of different ways to study and now that I am studying externally its just another way. Written answer questions are of particular importance as they help you display your reasoning and therefore knowledge on the topic. Being able to construct your argument in a logical fashion is important in an exam, but also at work. At work you are constantly being tested. As long as you have the correct answers everything will be fine, but if you put in the extra effort and go through the process you will learn a lot more. And be able to actually justify your position clearly is someone questions you. This is rare, but it can happen. And as "The Code" says, you need to show due care. The decisions and therefore answers that you come up with and recommend to clients effects a lot of people. You need to take and go through the process, that also means proper documentation/working papers. Not only is it better for the client, but it also covers your own ass. The other benefit comes when writing letters and explaining to clients the reasoning behind a certain accounting procedure.

As a lot of these ideas are still fresh in my mind I am going to spend the next few days writing them down, so that next time I have an exam I know what to do/avoid. Motivation wise its good to have a reason to do something other than you have to. It has to have some benefit other then the fact you need to do an exam.

No comments: