Primary Slave......... None detected

GAAAAAHHHHH!!!

I have had many scary things happen to my computer. On a scale of scaryness. Anything that is harddrive related is scary. Other things, like the graphics card or sound card can be replaced. But the harddrive. The holder of your information. And when you really think about it, there is a lot of stuff on your harddrive. Music and games might take most of the space. But the stuff that you write. Like your resume, pictures, stuff you write, bookmarks, actual information in general. And ofcourse a lot of notes on various things that you are trying to learn about.

When I booted up my computer this afternoon. The bios is doing its thing and checking for a disk to load from. This is before the check for a boot record to load windows from. Basically the bios didn't detect a harddrive at all...

initially I thought it meant that the hard drive had physical died. But I still heard the sound of it spinning. So I tried restarting it a few times. Still nothing... Time to go kill my self. Nothing else to live for etc... I turned the power off at the wall and walked away. *snif*

I thought about the opportunity I had to buy another harddrive. Take the pressure off this one... But no, I was selfish. I wanted the bigger one. After about 30 minutes of "cry me a river" I decided to give it another go.

YAY! it works.

I have no idea what happened. But it all works now. I don't think I will turn off my computer until I get a new harddrive, or atleast until I get a chance to back everything up.

Since I have an interview/"group activity" tomorrow. I was hoping today to be a good day to relax and try and brush up on a few team work skills. And read some accounting stuff. So that it looks like I know what I'm talking about. Instead I think I will go to the gym, get some decent sleep and hopefully I will be refreshed and be able to argue my point in the group. Atleast that what they tell us.

Basically we have to discuss a topic, and we are given a point of view to argue. The aim is not to win, but to see how well and quickly we can develop into a group. And how we work in groups. The method of giving us a point of view to discuss so they can observe us should be quite funny. I am a little scared/nervous of what it could be like. But then again it could also be a lot more easy going then what I am imagining. As long as I stick to the basics of accounting I can't go wrong. I think working at Butter Beats is going to pay off.

No comments: