Graduate Jobs

March is the month when all the graduate jobs for accounting are applied for. As always I left it to the last minuite. That not entirely true... I had created 3 versions of my resume for various/differing positions. And I had created a good cover letter that can be speicaly tailored to the 3 positions that I would be applying for. So essentialy all the hard work was done...

Not exactly... there are often specific questions that they ask in the application, eg "Why do you want to work here", or "give an example of a time you displayed leardership/teamwork/idea/inspiration"...

GAH!


Today has been extremly stressfull. But I have got a lot of work done, and now see that I am capable of much more than just one application every other day, and four applications on Wednessday...

Alas my work is not done. Rather I am sick of answering these questions, I just cant bare to do anymore. I am completly over the whole "graduate" bull shit. Hopefully I will atleast get one interview out of this. And that will be an experiance. I will now pin all my hopes and dreams on small accounting firms to give me a chance to do accounting stuff.

So I am trying to get back into the swing of things, by ranting about it on my blog. Which I am entitled to do.

No comments: