1993

Today I bought my first pencil case since 1993. Not becuase I need one. My Jurrasic park tin still lives. But becuase it was on special and it was cool. Batman and all. With the BaTank.

Cant argue with $2.00

Since I have a few tins already, its kinda like a collection of tins. So I feel obliged to add to it. Also I just like stationary. Maybe the jurrasic park tin can take a rest for a while and I can use the BaTin. Or keep it in mint condition. You know I can...

I think the fact that the Jurrasic park tin has actually been used gives it more charachter. Rather then the. "I have never used this in my life" look. Mint condition stationary is good. But the stories that the tin can contain (pun not intended) is a lot more interesting then something that looks more at home on a shelf at Officeworks.

Although collections do look better if they are in good condition.












Fuck its just a Batman pencil tin...

2 comments:

Karlos said...

Keeping things a long time is cool, its what hipsters pretend to do by buying old things from thrift stores and ebay.

I aspire to never throw anything out again, who knows what cool value it could have in 10-20 years. Maybe I'll never throw out my clothes and open a vintage clothing store in 20 years.

Bean Counting said...

As long as you have some resemblance of a collection, and it doesnt look like hording then you should be fine...