Computer room

They have revamped the computer lab in Z block, but forgot to but have
kept the old computers... I find this strange, especialy since the
keyboards and mice have pretty much bit the dist. as in the tiny legs
on the back of the kb are all borken / stolen. Which is annoying when
you have carpel tunnel... (or going to get it). They also forgot to
clean the danm things... Which means the only new things are the desks
and chairs. But they have managed to squeeze in some lapton terminal
ares which is usefull. Not that I actualy have a laptop, its just that
people with laptops tend to take up an entire comptuer just to steal
the network connection. Those cheap basterds. Why not buy a wireless
card..... So it feels like they are using two computers... and your
standing there wanting to print stuff out and they start playing some
crappy flash game...

Worse still are the people that long on, leave a book and possbily
their bag at the computer and dont come back for about 2 hours. Once I
was kinda annoyed, so I just logged them off, logged in as my self and
printed my stuff and left, and no one was the wiser, except for the
people looking at me funny... probably thinking "what if I had thought
of that first, I wouldnt have to stand here for 3 hours. And if I copy
him that would be wrong, and I wont be able to pass judgement... end
quote.

No comments: