The Avalanches and King Marong and guests

I went to go and see The Avalanches yesterday at the Rev. Was supposed to be $15 to get in, but I managed to get in for free. Maybe becuase I got there really early. So that was a nice surprise.

It was quoted on the website to start at 10:00pm so I got there about 9:30. At about 10:00pm I find out they are gona start at 11:00pm. So now another dude comes on and starts jumping around and yelling into the microphone till about 11:00, something I would rather forget...

Finally one of the DJ's from the Avalanches graces us with his presence at about 11:30.... and he does his little DJ set for about 20 mins wearing a rubber mask. Which I thought was impressive considering how hot it was... Eventually the other guys come out with the african band and thats when it finnaly started. It was well worth the wait. They had the three DJ's a whole bunch of merakas and drums. The greatest mish mash of sounds ever heard, with the african drums and vocals over top of the Avalanchey stuff and other assorted sounds. After a few "songs" they started letting people on stage to sing and dance and play with the dums and other musical apparatus. So it was pretty nuts. One girl thought it was a titty bar and started to take her clothes off...

The one bad thing was that it was proberly too loud. Or maybe it was just me. But next time I have to goto a musical thingy I'm taking ear plugs.

Was definatly worth the $15 if I actually had to pay for it...

No comments: