My first day at work

Today was my first day at work today. I was expecting it to be hard and I was right. Mainly because I have never done anything like this before, so I'm obviously going to be slow. But when I did figure out what I am getting paid for things sort of went smoothly. Basicly its my job to sort everything out. Initialy that seems ok, but in between I actually have to do accounting work. And accounting requires everything to be in order, ticked off, complete, organised, in a fileing system of some kind, and cross refrenced so that it can be audited etc.... So its proberly harder then I thought, more complex and just so much work. Mainly becuase its backlogged. But thats ok. I actually have experiance in sorting small recipts and invioices etc when my parents ran a convenience store. Mainly the hard part is just matching stuff up (accounting is all about balancing things...). So I think I earned my wage today thats for sure. Surprisingly I am tired, most possibly becuase of my bad posture....

I got to goto (...) work tomorrow which will be even more interesting because Brooke wont be their to assist me. I like things in order and written down (business policys etc) which I am doing now. So that I know what to do in the event of X. The system is pretty much being developed from scratch so if it can sort all of this information I think it will be a job well done. This should be something I'm good at becuase I spend a lot of time sorting things out and then re-sorting them for fun...

Anyway, the place is really cool since its a record store. Initialy I thought it was just another indepedent music store. But they actually sell records. You know, the big round black things made of vinyl. The music they play is of high quality, which makes it sort of a nice enviroment to workin. But I'm not really used to working with music so its a little distracting. On the good side, I am getting to listen to stuff I have never heard before, and proberly would never of heard, which is fine by me....

In summary, my day was exciting (want to know and learn more), challanging (which keeps you busy and not bored (sort of (when you can figure out what your supposed to be doing))), tiring (hard days work) and interesting (its cool to be working in a record store).

No comments: