Datadodo

Normaly I just use excell when i want to collect data over time. But sometimes this isnt enough. So I decided to re-open access. Access is good for storing and collecting data as it is a database program, but when you want quick and easy viewing of data, "reports" just dont cut it. So I have been busy trying to get the graphing thingy working. The main problem I have is that I dont name things properly and then everything becomes confusing. Also to build something in access takes so much longer then excel. If only access was as easy to use as excel I think it would be a great program, Access just makes things too complicated for simple tasks....

Databases currently trying to make:
Costing of university (just to remind myself it does cost money (HECS))
Gym (how long etc)

and thats all for now... I guess this is realy the whole point of databases, I can make a database that is good at just holding data, but now i want something from it, it just breaksdown into wasted time.

No comments: