The House of Sand and Fog

Today I went to go and see the movie "The House of Sand and Fog", to try and get out of the heat wave (40+) but what happens when we get into the actuall theater. The air conditioning breaks down. So for about 2.5 hours we (Karl and I) had to sweat it out in sauna like conditions.

Anyway, the movie is the best that I have seen in a long time and is proberly better than Goodbye/buy Lenin or Mystic River (best movies of last year). I also dont expect any other movies this year to top this one. I guess the full effect of the movie was taken away somewhat by the heat/sweat/no airconditioning [note: I think it must have been at least 45 in there because it was closed in]. I guess this highlighted the length of the movie (2:25) and maybe could of shortened the second half, although it kinda added to the effect (artistic effect). If it wasnt so hot I wouldnt complain about the heat, in fact if the air conditioning was working I would proberly say that it wasnt long enough.

I dont want to spoil the movie untill it comes out on DVD so I wont tell you what happens (I'm actually thinking of seeing it again/unless I can find another movie worth seeing).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0315983/

I give this movie 9D/10D

No comments: